Saturday, April 30, 2011

The next American Idol... or not.

Tonight at church Gabriel sat on my lap for part of the service.  There was a baptism and because he wanted to see ,he asked if he could sit on my lap.  Although he is getting a little big to sit on my lap, I obliged and he watched attentively.

After they baptised the baby, we sang a song and halfway through it, Gabriel turned around to me and said, "Mom, you have a different voice when you sing."  Because I was trying to sing and didn't want to get into a lengthily conversation right then and there, I nodded and continued with the song. 

Then just a few seconds later he said, "Mom, you are lucky because you have a different voice."  I smiled, nodded again and looked back up to pay attention to the sermon.

After church tonight, as we were eating dinner I asked Gabriel about what he was talking about during church with my voice.  He said, "Mom, when you were singing you have a different voice."

Not sure exactly what to respond with I said, "Gabriel, is that a good thing?" To which Gabriel replied...
"Mom, your voice when you are singing it is like when your tummy is sick." 

I guess he made it pretty clear, he doesn't think I have the best singing voice.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment