The boys continue to love those tiny little rubber bands that can be magically transformed into a creative and stylin bracelet. While the boys see the wonder in what they can be, I see that they cover our floor, are strewn about our counters and are hiding in every corner and crack in our home. In fact, I've even found them on the floor in my office at work. How in the world it got there, I have no idea. I guess I'll file that away in the same folder as "How did my kitchen broom end up on the roof?"
And while I've picked up more rubber bands in the last few weeks than I ever imaged I'd do in an entire lifetime, I've come to view those tiny little things with a bit more appreciation and a lot more enjoyment. My boys have come to love learning how to create new styles of bracelets and it has been fun watching them listen attentively to instruction and think critically in how to "fix" a mistake they just made. And that doesn't even include the joy in seeing them peel off the bands to admire their beautifully, hand-made, finished product. I can't help but see the true life lessons they are learning. Try, fail, try again, succeed, be proud and try again on something new.
In a world filled with way too much technology, a game at every finger-tip, I'm excited to see them spend time using their hands to create, to build and to be proud of what tangible product they have as a result. If you ask me, I think we could use more of this today.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment