Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring Break

I can hardly believe it has been a month since I last posted.  So much has happen I hope to be able to catch up.

The first thing though to share is the fun we were blessed to be able to enjoy over spring break.  We went on a cruise with my parents, sister, her husband, their two kiddos and my mom's two sisters.  It was a LOT of fun.  And I have a LOT of pictures to share.  So let's get right to it!

Here are the kiddos at the airport excited to leave.  Of course Gabriel is too cool in the second photo to show his excitement.  And moments after I took this picture Madelyn face-planted right into the arm rest which gave her a nice bruise all across her face for the cruise.

Once we got on the airplane, Isabelle found a friend who had some "Trolls" in the seat in front of her.  So for the entire 4.5 hour flight she "sat" like this...
Meanwhile Madelyn slept for most of it, and Michael read.  Even Gabriel read a book and dad enjoyed catching up on some of his paperwork.



That night we met up with my family and stayed at a hotel before driving to the ship on Sunday morning.  Here are the kids the morning of.  They were SO excited it was so fun to see their reactions to everything..


Madelyn wasn't quite sure what was going on, but she went with the flow.
 We wore our Noah's Kindness Project t-shirts and several people asked us about our shirts.  Selfishly I felt like we were taking Noah with us, in our own unique way.
Here they are on the way to the boat.  They aren't excited at all...


 Again, Madelyn wasn't sure why they were shouting!
Yep smiles all around!


After an hour drive we finally got to the port and the kids saw the HUGE ship...
 The kids could hardly believe how big it was. 

After a bit of a snafu, we finally got to board the boat.  Somehow from the time I received my sea pass card and walked the 200 feet to the ship, my card was reported "Stolen" so when I tried to board the boat they thought I had stolen my identity.  Thankfully, Jarrett was able to help convince them I am indeed who I say I am.  And then we were able to board the boat.



 And we are on!

So what's the first thing we did when we got on the ship...

EAT! Of course, isn't that was you're supposed to do.

So eat is what we did.  Warning... there are a lot of food pictures ahead.

We told the kids, mainly for the boys' sake that they could eat what ever and when ever they wanted on the boat.  They were so excited (I usually am strict about the amount of sugar I let them have), and they ate their weight and more in food.

They LOVED it!
Plate 1

No one has time to smile... they are busy shoving their faces full.

Dessert first!

More dessert!


Look Mom, more sugar!
 Meanwhile Maddie and I were having fun too.  Here we are making the same faces.  
 Cheeze!!!
 Here are the boys having some coffee with dad... because they could and I didn't say anything.  
After a family next to us saw me taking so many pictures, they asked us if we'd like our family picture taken.  It was pretty comical because the lady said her husband was a professional photographer.  Yet when I handed him my phone he said, "Is this a camera or a phone? I've never seen a camera on a phone.  After about 5 minutes of him taking pictures of his hand, we finally got this one.  When he handed the phone back to me, I thanked him and then Michael whispered to me, "Mom, I don't mean to be mean, but if he's a professional photographer, I never want him to take my pictures."  


So there's the highlight of day 1.  
And there's just the start of our once-in-a-lifetime vacation. 
Day 2 coming up soon!

Until next time,
angie



No comments:

Post a Comment