This past week on November 17, was World Prematurity Day, and while not a day goes by that we don't think about Noah, its days like that when we miss him even more.
The night before World Prematurity Day Michael had the school assignment to write a poem about something in his life that didn't go as planned and how he felt about it. I had no idea what he was writing about and as I made dinner he appeared at the counter and said, "Mom can I read you my poem?" I said sure and went onto listed to a poem that melted my heart, and took me a few moments to process that these words came from a 10 year old. Its clear he spoke directly from his heart.
After reading it I told him how beautiful it was and asked him to write me a copy. He did and it is something I"m going to tuck away to keep forever.
Losing Noah was something that impacted each and everyone of our family members. We all still grieve his loss, we all search for rainbows and smile when we see them and we all still feel his loss each and everyday.
We are thankful for the moments we were able to share.
To all the babies born too early, for those who were able to stay, and to those who gained their angel wings... we think of you all and your families on World Prematurity Day... actually everyday.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment