Yesterday, Isabelle was honored at the assembly for her capacity to love and be loved. Jarrett, Madelyn and I attended and we soaked up every moment of her getting to be celebrated.
I can still remember the instant love I felt for her the second the nurse put her into my arms. My heart was connected to hers instantly and will be forever. And as nervous as I was to become her mom, and about the mistakes I was sure to make, I vowed in those very first moments, that as her mom I never wanted her to question just how much she is loved and wanted.
Of the many things we hope to teach and have taught Isabelle, it makes me proud to see that she was complimented for her capacity to share love and be loved.
Love is such an important part of who we are and how we survive in this life. Love is what we feel in our greatest of moments, and it is also what pulls us through our most difficult ones. Love can comfort, it can heal. It can be celebrated and it should be cherished.
Isabelle, we are so proud of you and are grateful we are the recipients of your love. May you always feel how deep our love is for you.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment