This little boy stole my heart the moment I learned about him. His name is Knox and I've shared his story on here before, but wanted to post a special message as he celebrates his second birthday! Not a day goes by that I don't give thanks for the gift that is getting to follow along and be a part of this guy's life.
It was a day like most others, more than 2 years ago, when I got a call from Knox's parents after Carrie's water broke unexpectedly. She was in a small hospital and had just heard words any parent would dread. She was given my name and number through our sisters because I had been someone who had experienced something similar. Less than 2 years earlier I had been laying in the hospital hearing the same words after my water broke unexpectedly with Noah. As we spoke on the phone that morning, little did we know our heart-strings would connect and it would be an instant friendship formed. Through sharing my story, they had been given a glimpse of hope and a drive to fight for their son. By them sharing their story with me, they had given me the gift of renewed hope, of faith in answered prayers, and the love of a little boy I had never met but loved from day one. His name was Knox and boy is he special.
Carrie and Troy, Knox's parents have opened up their lives and invited me to be a part and I am eternally grateful. They openly listened and cared about our son Noah and in a way I think Noah brought us together. Grieving a son lost too soon has been the hardest thing I've ever endured but in getting to be a part of Knox's life, I find my heart healed in ways I believe Knox could have only done. I found myself in those early days of his life, praying feverishly that God would allow Carrie and Troy to get to keep their son and watch him grow. While they were back in Iowa and I was here, I felt a piece of my heart was in that NICU with them and that I lived each of their updates almost as if I was getting to see the success story, our little boy didn't get. Carrie and Troy have been so open about letting me be a part... I realize what a gift that is. For I was honestly a stranger, and yet they treated me like I had been family for life. So much so that they gifted me with the honor of being Knox's Godmother. And while I don't get to be there for the day to day activities or get to know him as closely as I would, he is a little boy I think of so so often, I pray for and I love.
Just a few weeks ago Carrie and Troy sent me these pictures of Knox wearing the Noah's Kindness Project bands and they stuck with me. If it wasn't for Noah coming so early, I would have never met Knox and his beautiful family. Through our hardship and loss, we were given an amazing gift and the love of a new family. Isn't that incredible?
Knox I hope your birthday was very special and that the year ahead is filled with many blessings for you. I feel honored to be your Godmomma and that you and your family welcomed me into your life. You are a true miracle, the answer to so many prayers and I know you're here to do amazing things. For honestly buddy, you've already done a lot.
Love you Knox and happy birthday!
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment