We celebrated Isabelle's special day by doing what we've done the last year... we stayed home. We tried to make it as special as we could. Nana and Papa came over and we shared some food and watched the super bowl. Isabelle actually was half-way excited about the game and was cheering for Brady.
Every year around each of the kid's birthdays, I look back to the years before and reminisce about how special each year of their life has been and how they complete our lives because they are here.
As I look back at the pictures of Isabelle each year, I am reminded about just how blessed we are to have her in our lives. Her story, unique is special and cherished in so many ways.
I wish for all my children to know that they are always loved, that they are capable of being all they hope and dream for and that Dad and I would do what ever we can to help them. While we try to teach them values, morals and the importance of doing what is right, they might see us remind them to stay on the right path or correct their mistakes. While we are not trying to come down upon them, we are just trying to guide them to be the best person they can be.
I hope Isabelle will always find the courage in her heart to try the things she dreams of. She is kind beyond her years, considerate, thoughtful, determined and a fighter. These things will help her through all of the days in her life. No matter what, I hope she knows that Dad and I will always be there to cheer her on, to reach out a hand when she needs help getting back up after a stumble and that she is always always loved more than she will ever know.
Isabelle on your 9th birthday (sorry this is belated), we see you growing and changing in front of our eyes. These next few years will take you on a journey into a young woman (or a (pre-)teenager) and while those years can be hard, we hope you will always come to us, find comfort in knowing we will support you, and that you can do all you put your mind to.
So happy 9th birthday beautiful Belle.
We love you always,
Mom and Dad.










No comments:
Post a Comment