Thursday, September 9, 2010

Can I talk to you for a minute?

I’ve quickly learned it usually isn’t a good thing when the teacher asks you to talk to them for a few minutes. Yesterday when I dropped the boys off for school, Michael’s teacher said, “Do you have a minute, I’d like to talk to you about something.” Immediately my mind went to the worse possible scenario. Did Michael hit someone, tear up another little girls project (note the word ANOTHER), or not listen to the teacher’s directions? Yikes, what was I in for?


Once Mrs. V had gotten Michael engrossed in their morning activity she came to the door to “talk”. She said, I wanted to tell you about something that happened yesterday during nap time. I immediately jumped in, “Did he refuse to take a nap? I know he doesn’t like to take naps sometimes, especially when he is over tired.” No she said, “Actually he was very good about taking a nap. It was what happened during nap time.” “Um, okay?” I said. “Well Michael got up from his mat on the floor in the middle of nap time to go to the restroom. I guess he must have still been half-way asleep because he finished up his business and went back and laid down. It wasn’t until a few minutes later that I looked over on the corner of the room where his mat was to see that he was missing!” “Missing?” I said. “Yea, he wasn’t there so I started looking around the room and then I saw him, sleeping on little Suzie’s mat with her.” Michael’s told me about Suzie and how she is the prettiest girl in his class. His teacher continued, “ It was so darling, he must have been cold because he had curled right up next to her and covered himself with her sheet. In fact I think they were spooning.” Upon hearing the teacher’s use of “spooning” I burst out laughing . She continued, “I wish I would have had a camera but I didn’t so instead I just called all of the other teachers from the other classrooms to come in and look at how cute they were. When they woke up, it was funny they sat up and looked at each other and started giggling. Suzie then said, “Michael did you want to sleep with me?” Mrs. V said, I think Michael was a little embarrassed he went to the wrong mat because he just smiled bashfully and walked over to his seat at the table.

I’ve learned Michael is a pretty deep sleeper but I had no idea he’d be able to put the moves on his little crushes in his sleep. Oh and his reputation has now gotten around school. Today when I walked in the teachers greeted him with “There’s our little romancer,” and “How’s our little charmer doing today?”  I guess there are worse reputations to have, right?
Until next time,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment