I tell you some of the best conversations I have with the kids is when we are driving in the car.
Just earlier this week the entire family headed to the last regular season game of the Arizona Diamondbacks. As we were headed downtown Jarrett and I were talking about something and as we finished Gabriel said, "Mom, can I ask you something?" "Sure honey" He replied, "Mom, when I get bigger will you help me find the girls who are not married yet so I can marry one of them?" "Mom, cause I don't know if they are married or not, I need your help." Looking at Jarrett and with a huge smile on my face, I replied, "Absolutely honey, I would be happy to help you find a good girl. I just hope you feel the same way in another 15 years." "I promise Mom, I will"
And then there's Michael, who is our little (but huge) Justin Beiber (or as he calls him Beavers) fan. On Tuesday while Gabriel was at school, Michael and I were running errands and he asked if I could turn on Justin Beavers. I obliged and we started singing away. A few minutes later I looked back to see that he had stopped singing and was staring out the window. I could tell he was in a deep thought but didn't say anything. A few minutes later he said, "Mom turn the music off now." I did and he said... "Mom, I want to change my name to Justin Beavers." Laughing to myself I said, "Really Michael, now why would you want to do that." "Because you and a lot of pretty girls like Justin Beavers" "But honey I really like your name, I like it a lot lot lot lot lot more than Justin's." "Really Mom?" "Yes, Michael William Haskovec, I love your name." "Okay then Mom, can I just change it to Michael William Justin Beavers Haskovec?"
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment