Today is school picture day and guess who forgot to take a picture of the boys before they left for school. The honest truth is, I don't have too much faith that the boys will remain looking in the same condition I sent them to school, even 5 minutes after I drop them off. So, usually if I want a picture of them when they look, and I quote Michael, "Handsome", I take a picture immediately after getting them dressed and combing their hair. Today, I forgot.
Anyway as I dropped the boys off one by one at school, there were several comments made about how nice they looked. As we arrived at Gabriel's school after dropping Michael off, the crossing guard looked at Gabriel and said, "Wow, Gabriel you look really sharp today!" He said thank you and we continued on toward the playground.
Just a few steps later Gabriel looked at me and said, "Mom, how come some people keep saying I look like a scissors?"
"Huh?" I responded. "What do you mean?"
"Yes Mom, they keep saying I look like a scissors. Why do they say that?"
"Honey, no one said you look like a scissors."
"Yes Mom, they do! Dad said I look sharp and now Mr. Shawly said I it too."
It was then that I realized his meaning of sharp was very different than theirs...
So, in addition to School Picture Day, Gabriel went to school knowing the meaning of yet another word.
Until next time (and I promise it won't be as long in between),
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment