Today Isabelle turned 8 months old and although we are very excited to see her reach another milestone, tonight I admit that I'm more excited about another milestone. What milestone you ask? The milestone of what will happen in a month. A month from tomorrow. Yes, November 8, 2012.
It is a day I have been dreaming about, impatiently waiting for and praying to come. Tonight I am very excited to share that on November 8, our dream of adopting Isabelle Grace will come true. We have been waiting since the day we met her to make her ours forever and the journey to get here has felt like years instead of months and has been stressful to say the least. But if asked if I'd take the journey again, I'd immediately answer yes and go through it all over, as long as it meant she would be ours forever.
Man, I'm so excited for that day. It is starting to becoming real and I'm
finally letting myself picture what that courtroom will look like and what that day will mean. I don't think I'll let my guard down completely until the judge says it is final, but with each passing day I let myself dream more and more about how it is really going to happen and how wonderful, how special, how amazing that moment will be.
With a month left before the judge officially declares that she is ours and only ours, I am thankful for all the joy, the love, the happiness and the memories that the past 8 months have given us. And while I celebrate inside and feel so blessed, there is another person I think of and gives thanks to. I am thankful to Isabelle's birth mother, that she had the courage and the strength to go through heart-wrenching pain in giving up her daughter. I pray that she has some peace in knowing the greatest blessing she has given to us. I pray that God watches over her and gives her assurance in knowing that her daughter is safe, thriving, happy and SO deeply loved.
I have been given three wonderful blessings while two other mothers suffered great losses. I will forever be eternally grateful for them giving me the gift of being a mom.
With only 31 days until our Isabelle Grace Haskovec is officially our daughter according to the law, I will be cherishing each moment, counting my blessings and celebrating in the journey that this life has given me.
Until next time,
Angie
I will be saying prayers that everything goes well with the adoption. I love reading your posts. You are a great Mom!!!!
ReplyDelete