Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom, I have a crush...

As we celebrate Dad turning 33 tonight, another event overshadowed Dad's special day  Can you guess what it was? 

Yep, I kind of gave it away with the title.  As he arrived home, Gabriel proudly announced, "Mom, I have something very important to tell you.  Its a secret."  Walking closer to me he leaned in, cupped his hands around my ear, which was very important since it was only Isabelle and I in the entire house, and whispered, "Mom, I have a crush."

"Really?", I responded.

He continued, "Mom, my crush is Erin." still whispering, "She's so pretty and she's in Mrs. Womtring's class."

Not too alarmed at this point I said, "That's nice Gabriel.  Is she your friend?"

"Well Mom, I want her to be my girlfriend but I'm kind of shy around her.  Guess what though, today I sang, Call Me Maybe to her at recess." 

Thinking to myself, "Wow that's pretty good for 'being shy' around her."

The next thing I know he said, "And guess what? After school at Kid Zone, guess she gave me mom?"

"THIS!!!!!!!!" he said handing me the following piece of paper

Yep thats right, it is another note with a girls phone number and address.

"So...," he looked directly in my eyes and said, "Can we call her?"

And by that time, Michael had entered the kitchen.  He said, "Mom, if Gabriel's calling Erin, I want to call Alexa."

Until next time,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment