A few of the common requests….
“Mom- can you look up and see where
Joe Falco (as in the quarterback for the Baltimore Raven’s) lives?” “What’s his phone number, can we call him?”
“Mom- can you Google where Superman
buys his clothes? You know the clothes he wears in New York so people don’t
know he’s Superman.”
And one of the more interesting….
Recently I was asked, “Can you Google
if Harry Potter is alive?” What? Why Gabriel? I said. Michael interjected saying, “Gabriel, Harry
Potter is NOT alive. He’s in the movies.” To which Gabriel sharply retorted, “Yes he is
alive Michael, Ms. Katie (their after school teacher) told me he is alive. And
Ms. Katie would not lie to me.” So
Google it I did (see below) and read directly from the second listing (and from
another great source wiki…answers).
I said, “Gabriel, I’m sorry Harry Potter is not alive.” With a big gasp, “Gabriel inhaled in complete
surprise, and said “Mom- I can’t believe Google is wrong. I know Harry Potter is alive, because Ms.
Katie told me she is married to him.”
And finally a story that proves to me my boys firmly believe
that Google has the answers to everything one could ever want to know and more.
The other day at lunch we were of course talking about
sports. Gabriel WAS at the table. Talking about everything from football to
baseball and even some wrestling.
Gabriel said, “Mom – Can you Google to see how many football fields God
has in Heaven so I know how much I’ll get to play when I go there?”
Once again, I was left without words.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment