In talking with Bella's mom, I learned she has been taking dance classes since she was 2 1/2. She takes 6 classes a week and is pretty much trained in every type of dance. In all the dance lingo and performances her mom was sharing with me that Bella has completed, I wouldn't be surprised to hear she'd be performing on Broadway in NYC in the next year. SERIOUSLY!
Now for Michael's history in dance..... _________________.
Yep that's it. NOTHING! Don't get me wrong, he's been known to bust a move at a party or two, but as far as the hours of professional dance training he's had; there's none, zero, zip nodda. Michael's never let intimidation stand in his way, so when the dance studio doors opened and 15 professional dances flowed through the doors, he held his head up, walked through and with an open mind learned a hip hop routine, like he was an old pro.
Meanwhile, Gabriel, Isabelle and I stood outside with nerves (at least Gabriel and I had them) in our stomachs. Gabriel said, "Mom, I can't believe Michael's actually going to go this. Oh my, he's so crazy." Can you tell which one of the boys is more reserved?
The class started and Michael loved it! He followed around as good as he could and when he had no idea what to do, he freestyle danced like no other.
For 60 minutes Michael beamed with excitement as he concentrated on learning new steps and following the routine. As it ended he took a picture with his friend and the dance instructor and strutted out. He said, "Mom, I had so much fun and the teacher made me feel so good about myself."
I was proud of him for trying something new, for being such a good sport and for enjoying it as much as he did. Sometimes Michael lacks confidence in himself and doubts his abilities, but not in this. He took on the challenge with confidence and an open mind. That right there is what I was most proud of.
I'll leave you with a snip-it of Michael's hip hop dance moves..
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment