Today would have been your 16 month birthday. As I showered this morning, I told Daddy I wondered if you'd be walking by this point. I wonder what words you would say and what you'd look like today.
Daddy and I talk about you and think of you so often. We miss you Noah and I hope you know how much you are loved.
Noah, I look at this picture of us and I can remember the feel of you against my chest. It was a moment I'm so grateful I got to experience and I will forever remember it as one of the greatest times in my life.
I saw this poem the other day and it made me think of you.
God made a sweet child
A child who never grew old
He made a smile of sunshine
He molded a heart of pure gold.
He made that child as close to an angel
as anyone could ever be
God made a sweet child
and he gave that dear child to me.
Then God saw His wonderful creation
growing very tired and weak
so He wrapped that precious child in his loving arms
and said, "You my child I keep"
But now my Sweet Child is an angel
Free from hurt and pain.
I'll love you forever, until we meet again.
So many times I've missed you
So many times I've cried
If all my love could have saved you
Sweet Noah, you never would have died.
Noah, missing you doesn't get easier. But you taught us to live for each moment until we can meet again, so that's what I do each morning my eyes awake. I love you my precious angel. I send my love and kisses to you in Heaven tonight.
Love always, Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment