Thursday, May 10, 2018

Family bowling... first time for everything....

And if we were going to determine how often we go again, on how stressful it was, last weekend may have been our last time as well.

Dad's been having to work a ton with everything going on at his new job and the kids and I were excited when he said he had Sunday evening to spend with us.  Michael suggested we go bowling and we thought it was a great idea.  Isabelle's only gone maybe once in her life  bowling an Madelyn never has.
So we loaded the crew up and went.

We seriously have a big enough family to make our own league team.  

Everyone picked out their own ball, we got our shoes and of course the boys were racing to get started.  We decided to do girls on one lane and boys on the other.

 Madelyn went for the first time and loved it!



So much so that she thought everytime should be her turn. 

"Madelyn's turn" she kept saying over and over

And then she's dance at the end.


Dad came out of bowling retirement to show the boys how good he really is.



And here's Isabelle showing us her skills  as well.  The first time they brought the ramp for her to use, she thought you put the ball on top and then pushed the ramp all the way down the lane.  Thankfully I caught her about half way down!  (again did I say it was stressful?)


 Soon she got the hang of it and was a pro...
Yay!  She followed up each one with a dance too!


And then sporty spice... he wanted to throw the ball as hard and as fast as he could.  I kept telling him it wasn't like pitching in baseball, but he didn't seem to hear (that selective hearing teenagers have).



Michael did a great job too and after I told him not to focus so much on the score and just having fun he enjoyed it even more.  Instead of trying to have the highest score in pins knocked down I think he decided to have the highest score in how many pieces of pizza he could eat... Seriously think he ate 6 huge slices!



 Here's Madelyn angry it isn't her turn and that Isabelle went.  She said, "Madelyn's turn!"  

Here are the girls scores... A is Angie, I is Isabelle and M is Madelyn.

For some reason the boys didn't want me to post theirs... perhaps its that the girls beat them... but I cannot confirm nor deny those rumors... Okay I'll totally confirm it.

Yay for girls!


 While our first time bowling as a family was chaotic, I think that's our game.  Chaos!  If we'd have a league name, it would seem pretty fitting.

The point was to spend some time together and we sure did.

It was a lot of fun and we look forward to next time.


Until next time,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment