Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Worlds best babysitters... or so they say.

This past weekend I signed up the boys to take a babysitters class at a local hospital.  They were surprisingly very interested in taking the course with the hope that they can "get rich babysitting kids"  

I was glad to hear they were interested and thought the course was great given that in 5 hours they would learn first aid and CPR as well as basic life saving skills, all while learning about how to take care of kids.  Gabriel went into the class thinking he already knew everything... "seriously mom this is going to waste our time, with having Madelyn and Isabelle, we know everything."  

Michael was very serious about the class, took his notebook in and planned to take lots to notes. I told them I wanted to hear all they learned.  After dropping them off we went on upon our day til it was time to pick them up. 

As they came out of the class Michael proudly held his completion certificate and walked with a new stance of confidence in being trained.  The first to open the car door, his first words were, "I'm officially the world's best babysitter." I laughed jokingly and said, "I'm sure you are."  


And then Gabriel got in the car.  Unlike Michael his first words were, "Oh my gosh that was SO embarrassing."  My thought was, I'm guessing you aren't the "world's best babysitter" then?  

The boys had a lot to share with us and talked over each other for the first 10 minutes of the car ride.  Michael pulled out his notebook and recited his notes and what he learned, quizzing me.  To his surprise I actually knew the answers.  He said, "Geez mom you would be a good babysitter."  

After arguing with each other for a few minutes, finally Gabriel said, "Michael let me tell mom what happened."  Michael started laughing in his high pitched squeal.  I knew this had to have something with the "so embarrassing" comment.  

The story Gabriel shared was they were learning how to change a baby's diaper and Gabriel thought it had it all under control... for he was around when Isabelle and Madelyn wore diapers.  Turns out in reality he didn't change too many (actually none).  As they were putting their diapers on the babies, Gabriel's teacher shared with him that he had put the diaper on backwards.  In his attempt to switch it around quickly, he pulled the diaper off, picked up the baby and the baby shot poop all over his shirt and onto his face!  Yes, just like they show in the movies!

Gabriel said, "Mom it was the worst thing ever and I almost threw up all over!"  Everyone in the whole car started bursting out in laughter.  It was HEEE-LARIOUS!!!!  Gabriel, now smiling, looked at me and said, "MOM IT WAS NOT FUNNY!"  Especially since most of the class was filled with girls his age. 


He went on and on about the details of exactly what transpired.  Meanwhile, Michael interjected that he was the fastest in the class to change the diapers and won a prize.  

Gabriel was concerned his nice shirt was ruined.  I explained that his experience isn't all that uncommon in reality and he needed to be prepared it could happen again. 

The boys are ready to begin their babysitting services and I told them Dad and I might have to try them out.  They offered us a discount for their services since we are family... we only have to pay $6.00 each per sitter per hour.

In their words, "Mom'that's quite the deal, especially since you'd be getting two of the worlds best babysitters."


Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment