While I tried to get the traditional first day of school pictures, he refused and rolled his eyes at me, but I snuck a few in as he went to his room for class.
When he came down for lunch and then again at the end of the day, it was clear he was happy and excited to be back in school. He missed his friends a lot too.
I also could tell he was very excited about the possibility of the new friends he can make. And I can tell that he is very excited about the girls... the hints started with, "Mom, if COVID gets better, can I have a friend over to study with? " Then the next break it was, "Mom- would you be okay if it was a girl over to study with?" And then at lunch, "Mom, when you and dad would study, where would you go?" And then finally at the end of the day when I asked how it was he said, "Mom, there's so many pretty girls in my classes, I can't wait to go in person."
Um Gabe, did you pay any attention to the information you were supposed to be learning? Of course mom, but just in case I missed anything that's why I need to have a few study sessions with my new friends.
Can't fool me Gabriel... I can see right through it.
So glad he's excited and encouraged about this new step in his life. And as much as I tease him about his new friends, he has been very proactive in getting his work done and reaching out to his teachers with questions.
Excited for him and what lies ahead!
Until next time,
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment