Today at church we celebrated Back to School Sunday, complete with a mini-festival following service. It was lovely! The kids LOVED the ice cream treats and the service was especially moving.... talking about the importance of our foundation in God for all we do and all we have.
At the beginning of the service, the girls went up to be prayed over for a safe and successful year. Michael being in high school decided he didn't need to go up front, to which the pastor immediately noticed and then decided to draw Michael into the service by making him read all the passage readings outloud, without any advanced warning, in front of the congregation. Michael did a nice job and handled being put on the spot with out pausing for a moment.
It was a lovely family day for us. As we decided to take the kids to Bass Pro Shop to look at the animals, then to lunch and home to swim. With me working two jobs now, I'm trying to be very present in every moment I get to have at home and not working. It is moments like today's time together that I give thanks for and are so grateful for my family.
As you can see, trying to get one group photo where they are all looking and smiling is impossible, so instead I'll just share all of these because it's like a live video of the chaos that is our life and what I love so much.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment