Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Happy 8th birthday Noah!

Eight years ago today Noah we celebrated your birth.  My goodness we were scared but also so happy you were here.  Seeing you in person was a gift and a dream come true. 

I sure can't believe it has been 8 years. I've thought about you so much today and about what you'd be like if you were here.  I worked the last three days in the NICU you called home and the amount of times you crossed my mind, was almost as many as the minutes I spent there.  Its strange being there now on this side.  I feel such a connection to you there, and while it is stressful and sometimes overwhelming, I feel like you are close when I am there.  






I think of you when I see the babies that start out the same size as you and then watch them grow and go home.  How rewarding it is for those families and how I celebrate their joy with them.  I wish our story would have been like so many other families, but then I give thanks for the 12 days we got together.  I still feel you with us in ways it is hard to describe.  The moments of reassurance when I see a rainbow, when I walk down that hall and see the rainbow portrait that brought us so much hope.  

And I feel anticipatory joy for one day when we will hopefully get to meet again.  While we don't get to be together in person in this life, I believe and hope for the time when we do. 


Noah, I just want to wish you a very happy 8th birthday up there in Heaven.  I hope you are having fun with those we love and have also had to say goodbye to from here.


Please give an extra hug to Jack up there celebrating with you for the first time too.  I remember how he'd always stayed so close to me when I was carrying you. Here is our final belly picture we took together before you arrived.  I'm sure you are keeping him busy as together you run free.


Happy birthday my darling Noah.  I love you always and forever,
Mom


 

No comments:

Post a Comment