Because I've been so terrible at blogging these last few years, I haven't really talked much about our littlest guy, the one who completed our family and who we savor every moment of the "being little" part of life with. He is our last and definitely the icing on the cake (hence these pictures).
Finn was born in the middle of me finishing nursing school, the later part of the never-ending pandemic, and during a time when our family was going through a lot. He didn't get often the attention most babies get at the beginning of his life from the outside world, mostly because we were home and going through stuff. That being said, we have savored each and every moment we have with him and I give thanks daily he is here and in our lives.
Now two years old (can't even believe I'm saying that), we affectionately call him "baby Finn" even though he's always been big and definitely isn't a baby anymore. He talks non-stop, LOVES trains (even talks about them in his sleep), has no fears and keeps up with his big brother like they are the same age instead of 19 months apart.
I am savoring each moment of the cuddles, although they don't come as often as when he was little. As he outgrows each thing, or moves onto a bigger size, I try to remind myself that with each new stage brings something new and exciting.
I guess there is something about having your last baby that the finality of it all, hits a bit differently. I remember when I first became a mom and how I was worried about so many things... about doing everything I could to set the boys up right... to get them ahead, to make sure this was perfect and that was as good as it could be.
I guess there is something about having your last baby that the finality of it all, hits a bit differently. I remember when I first became a mom and how I was worried about so many things... about doing everything I could to set the boys up right... to get them ahead, to make sure this was perfect and that was as good as it could be.
Perhaps its because Finn is number 6, or maybe its just because I'm exhausted, but I don't feel the same stress to push as hard, to grow them up faster. Instead I'm just thankful I still get to experience "this stage" Because seeing just how quickly the other kids have grown, I'm keenly aware just how quickly it all passes, and I'm not ready to let it all go.
So for how we savor the chaos, the constant noise and messy house... because it means we have them here to be with us. Yes sometimes I wish the house could stay clean for even an hour, but I honestly don't want them to leave, so messy is fine.
And Finn he helps with the messy, a lot of the messy. Gosh am I grateful for it.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment