Monday, July 12, 2010

Googoo for Gaga

Last Friday morning when I was folding the 3rd of my now 5th load of daily laundry, I had the Today show on to watch their summer concert series. I normally don't pay too much attention to the show after Ann Curry does her normal 7:10 a.m. news brief. It seems after 7:10 our morning flys by, but last Friday I had decided to tune in for extra time because Lady Gaga was going to be performing. The boys seemed to be happy entertaining themselves with their awesome Buzz Lightyear toys (thanks Kathy), so I thought I might finally get the chance to see a few more minutes of the show.

Now, I'm not that much of a Lady Gaga fan but I do have to say she is intriguing... if it isn't her music I'm tuning in for, it is for those crazy outfits. Every time I see her, her outfit seems even more outrageous than the time before. When I heard she was going to be on the Today Show I thought to myself, wow, she is really going to have to tame down her look. And thus, I continued to fold clothes and watch for her to take the stage.

Just as it seem with any show I try to catch these days, something else becomes a higher priority and on this day, the higher priority was the buzzer from the washing machine telling me my next load of clothes was ready to be switched out. As I quickly tried to move the white clothes from the washer to the dryer, I could hear in the other room that the Today Show had come back on and that Ms. Gaga was singing her famous "Bad Romance" song. As I raced back to my bedroom, expecting to just see the TV, I was instead surprised to see this...




Michael had climbed all the way up onto our high bed and was perched at the end, watching with googly eyes as Ms. Gaga sprawled out on a piano and sang her heart out.



It was too funny and it caught me off guard to even know exactly how to respond. He was completely enthralled with her. As soon as the song was over he said, "Mommy she's naughty... we don't crawl on pianos and we don't put our feet on a piano, right mom!" That is correct Michael, maybe we should go play now okay? Mommy, I want to watch her... Mommy what is her name? Lady Gaga.... oh I like Lady Gaga even though she is naughty, she sings pretty.


And thanks to the Today Show, Ms Gaga has a new fan that has gone googoo for her. Thanks Lady Gaga, I now have to explain every morning that it is naughty to crawl on pianos but it is only okay if Lady Gaga does it.


Until next time,

Angie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Jess for her to! He want to be in the paparazzi band when he gets older lol

    ReplyDelete