It is truly amazing all that Gabriel has learned in the past 9 months. In May when he came to live with us, we started at the very beginning with learning letters, numbers and how to count past 10. Today, he very confidently knows his letters, numbers and is even doing some basic math. We are very proud of him.
Recently he has taken an interest in learning or attempting to read and spell. He reads the letters off of buildings, the TV, books and even street signs. One of the first words, besides his name that he knows how to spell is STOP. I figured out we stop at 8 stop signs on the way to school and, well, the same number on the way home. Maybe that is why he knows how to spell STOP so well.
Jarrett and I have become very fluent in spelling certain words we do not want the boys to hear/understand and in a way, we use it as our adult code language. Lately, Gabriel has been trying to join us in our adult language.
Just the other night he said, "Mom what does SPLHRA spell?"
I responded, "Gabriel that spells nothing."
Upon hearing my response he smiled, got excited and said, "Mom, how did I know how to spell NOTHING?"
Until next time,
Angie
Pretty soon you and Jarrett will have to learn a different language to talk in code because Gabriel will know exactly what you are spelling!
ReplyDelete