Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My eyes are broken…

Yesterday when I woke Michael up for school, he wasn’t too interested in getting up. He said, Mommy, I’m too tired to get up.” Usually I just give him a few more minutes to lay in bed while I get other stuff organized. It usually does the trick because before I know it, he’s up taking off his pj’s and putting on his clothes. Yesterday though, he continued to lay in bed and when I asked him if he was going to get up he said, “Mommy, I can’t get up. My eyes are broken.” I looked at him and said, “Honey, your eyes are not broken, they are just tired. Mine are too, we’ll go to bed earlier tonight okay?” “No Mommy, they are broken, see there are pieces coming out of them.” I looked to see that he had sleepy (or matter, or whatever the medical term is for it) in the corners of his eyes. I smiled and said, Oh honey, I can fix that and wiped the corners of his eyes. Thinking we had ended that conversation and could move forward with the day, Michael responded “Mommy, how do you know how to fix eyes”

The questions… they’re never ending.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment