Monday, February 13, 2012

A Beginning Story... Part III

On Friday afternoon, Feb 10, we arrived as a family at the hospital to bring home our little girl.

The boys were so excited they could hardly contain their happiness.  I guess we were all feeling that way. Jarrett stayed with the boys and I went back into the nursery to get our final instructions and discharge paperwork. 

I've decided that everyone who leaves the hospital with a newborn baby must experience a feeling of nervousness.  The thought did cross my mind..."You mean I'm responsible for this little thing that eats, breaths, cries and poops and she's so breakable, really, do you think I'm qualified enough?"  I guess the expression must have been pretty visible across my face because Nurse Brooke said, "Don't worry Momma, I've printed out more than 40 pages of instructions you can refer to in case you have questions."  With a hug of encouragement, she said, "You will be a wonderful mommy to her, Congratulations."

And just like that, they had spent 10 minutes telling me everything I was suppose to know to keep her thriving and a 40 page document to read in my spare time.  Ha- what spare time right?

In our last few minutes of the nursery with the people who loved her and cared for her as their own from the first few minutes of her life, I again cried expressing our thanks and appreciation for loving her so much.  The nurses wanted a picture with their baby they nicknamed, "Molly Moo".  We hugged for the last time and then they walked us out. 

Our little girl was about to begin her new life with us.  As the nurse and I reached the car, she opened the door and for the first time the boys met her.  Gabriel said, "oh my goodness she is so small." and Michael said, "She's so pretty."  In unison they both asked "Can we keep her forever?" to which the nurse replied yes.

The drive home was special and just as we started our journey with the boys, taking them to McDonald's for their first meal with us, we stopped for dinner on the way home at McDonald's too.  It wasn't until Jarrett brought it up that I realized how we had just gone full circle.

Our littlest Angel has now been at home with us for the last three days and those days have been more magical and special than any days before.  It is having our two wonderful sons, my wonderful husband and how her.  My life is 100% complete and we have been blessed.

Life with three children 6 years old and younger is going to be crazy, busy, hectic, you name it.  But it is the life I've dreamed about, hoped for and longed to live since I was a little girl. 

In the coming days, you can expect to hear a lot more about her but will probably have to wait some time before we can share her picture.  Just as it was with the boys, we have to protect her identity and until she is officially ours (the court decides that in 4-5 months), we'll be saving up flash drives of pictures to flood you with later.  Please pray for us that she will remain in our lives and be our little girl for her "whole long life" as Michael puts it.

In closing, I wanted to save the best part for last... her name...

Jarrett, Gabriel, Michael and I are excited to announce the addition of
Isabelle Grace Haskovec in our lives.

We picked Isabelle because Jarrett and I have always liked the name and the boys like the name Belle (as in Beauty, from Beauty and the Beast).  Since the resounding comments from those who had met her before we did was that she was so beautiful, we thought, Isabelle was a great fit.  And Grace is her middle name because we firmly believe that she was brought to us by the Grace of God.

We never expected her, but boy are we glad God brought her to us.

Until next time,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    I have been following your blog since the beginning, and when Lara told me of this wonderful news at church on Sunday I was overjoyed for your family. :-) We JUST had a garage sale on Saturday and got rid of all of our baby stuff...had I known I would have waited to see if you needed anything. We do, however, still have a big bin of baby girl clothes that you are welcome to have if you would like. Just let me know. west0426@yahoo.com
    And congratulations to you and your beautiful growing family. What a blessing and amazing thing that has happened to you all over the past few years. :-)

    Sincerely,
    Ashley West
    P.S. We met at one of the Klinkner girl's birthday parties a while back. :-)

    ReplyDelete