It kind of reminds me of when I was in college, for some reason I loved to nap, for 11 minutes. Only 11 minutes. For some reason, no matter where I was at, home, the classroom, the library, the union, I could find a place to lay my head, cross my arms and within seconds fall asleep only to awake all on my own 11 minutes later. No matter how hard I tried to sleep longer, I'd wake up, 11 minutes later, ready to charge ahead on what ever homework was in front of me. I digress.
So back to Isabelle's naps. She takes a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. I usually feed her before her nap and on the rare occasion she doesn't fall asleep drinking, she goes to sleep on her own, listening to music. Being that we've had several visitors stay with us in our guest/Isabelle's room, I'm a tad bit embarrassed to say, she's still sharing a room with us. What can I say, we like visitors (oh and it is so much easier to walk to her crib 2 feet from my bed in the middle of the night, than to walk 15 feet to her bedroom down the hall)!
Recently I put Isabelle down for her nap and listened on the monitor as the music played softly. For a few minutes she talked okay more like, insisted she wasn't ready to go to sleep, and then all of a sudden it was quiet. Convinced she had fallen asleep I walked toward our bedroom only to see a light shining out of the window that is above our bedroom door. Thinking I second-guessed myself, I was sure I shut the blinds. How did they get opened? That has to be where the light was coming from. Slowly I opened the door expecting to see a peacefully sleeping baby and the blinds open. I admit I think I lost half of my brain when we became parents, I can't remember half the stuff I use to. As I opened the door, instead of a sleeping baby, I saw this...
| Yep, that's her opening and closing the blinds. |
| This is where I said, "What are you doing?" when she turned around and realized she'd been caught! |
She knew she had been caught, oh and knew she wasn't suppose to be doing that (see that's one of the things she's learned in the last month... and when she gets caught doing something she's not suppose to she does the following: Smiles (which always gets me), waves her arms up and down quickly and if standing bounces up and down as almost to say, "You caught me, you caught me! This is such a fun game!"
And as I approached closer, I knew the nap time was over. A whole 4 minutes of quiet time only to find out she had been watching the birds drink from the pool out the back window. With her cute faces and her new "look at me point at you mommy" she has me wrapped around her finger. Here she's shaking her finger at me saying, "Mommy, I told you I didn't want to nap."
Until next time,
PS: I just had to add this picture... Isn't she starting to look like a little girl and not so much a baby? I can't believe how quickly it is happening... Although still small, she's just growing up way too fast.
Until next time,
No comments:
Post a Comment