Wednesday, November 20, 2013

3 years ago today....

In the hallway that connects all of our bedrooms, there is a picture frame with our family photo and a saying.  I pass by that frame each and every day.  While most days I pass by without stopping to look at the picture or read the saying, the truth is, the image of those photos and the message it holds on our wall is very special.  It was a picture frame given to us by one of Jarrett's co-workers and the message it shares, is, at its core, the spirit upon which our family was created. 

It reads....

Family isn't always blood.  It's the people in your life who want you in theirs;  the ones who accept you for who you are.  The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who LOVE YOU no matter what.
 
 
And today that message, and the 1096 previous today's we've shared defines us.    Today we celebrate an anniversary.  Three years ago Jarrett, Gabriel, Michael and I became united together as a family in the eyes of the law, matching the feelings in our hearts that had been bonded many months prior.
 
Its hard to believe sometimes that three years have passed. As I look back on the pictures, so many feelings rush back.  The feeling of being so thankful, so blessed and so truly happy continue to overwhelm me like they did that special day
In the past three year's we've been a family I realize it isn't just the boys that have changed.  We've all grown, we've all learned, we've faced our challenges, we've argued and pushed each other out of our comfort zones, we've celebrated many victories, embraced each other in sadness and honored each others dreams.  We've done it all, together bbecause that's what a family does. And while there were hard days, there were many many more wonderful days that shine far brighter. 

Gabriel and Michael, I hope you know that you are the greatest gifts we could have ever wanted.  While Dad and I prayed to become parents, we didn't know just how lucky we were going to be.  When God brought us you, he brought us eternal happiness, never-ending love, and the passion to go to the ends of the world to give you all you ever need and the power of hope to follow all the dreams your heart holds.

We love you so very much.  Thank you for making us so happy, so proud and the luckiest parents in this whole wide world.

Until next time,
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. Happy adoption anniversary!! I love the saying that you have in your hallway! So true!

    ReplyDelete