Madelyn has been mobile it seems for quite some time, but
now she’s really mobile. No longer happy
with just crawling, she’s been cruising along the furniture like a pro. I believe she will be walking no doubt before
her first birthday. I guess it’s having
3 older siblings to keep up with. I
think its funny to watch her crawl, then she props up one leg, almost like a
true toddler would and moves around with great ease and coordination. I’d like to think she got that from me, but
probably from her dad too.
Another area where Madelyn continues to amaze me each day is
in her understanding of words, and what we say.
Like most babies I believe, Madelyn puts anything and everything in her
mouth. I can think I have the floor
clean, and within seconds of putting Madelyn down, I learned that the tiniest
piece of dirt can be found by her and goes right up into her mouth. I use to just stick my finger in her mouth
and pry it out, and as much as I wasn’t a fan of it, Madelyn hated it twice
fold. Now I’ve taught Madelyn to say “ahhhhh”
and show me what she’s got in her mouth.
To my surprise it actually works, now if I see her put something in her
mouth, I just have to say, “Madelyn say Ahh” and she does it, she shows
me, with her still 4 teeth. I can easily pull it out and we don’t
have wrestle about it.
Speaking of ahh and putting stuff in her mouth, Maddy continues
to be a good eater. She has pretty much
transitioned to table food and tossed the baby food aside. She loves fruit- especially berries, yogurt,
veggies- corn, peas and broccoli, Papa’s sloppy Joes, and Stouffer’s Macaroni
and Cheese- seriously she smacked down every last noodle and kept reaching down
into her high chair to pull out the
pieces that had fallen. I love that she
can eat table food as it makes meal prep so much easier- now we can all eats
the same thing.
Madelyn continues to grow and is wearing consistently 12-18
month size clothes and when most people see her they can’t believe she’s only
10 months old. As many rolls as she has
she seems to be even taller than chubby.
And her feet- Lord she’s got her daddy’s feet. I pulled out the shoes Isabelle wore at 1
year and they were seriously about 2 sizes too small. Right now she’s wearing 18 month size shoes
but probably for only a few more weeks. But she’s had big feet from the
beginning. I remember Marybeth telling
us the poor girl wouldn’t be able to shop the clearance shoe rack--- big
feet.
Madelyn continues to be such a great baby. She laughs way more than she cries, she plays independently
when she needs, with her siblings which she loves. Loves music- she dances which is super cute,
claps her hands, shakes her head no, and talks a lot. She says, “Mama, Dada, Papa, Nana, Hi Jack
(hijack- which is what I think she thinks Jack’s name is), Baba, and her newest
word- Babe. She is also starting to give
hugs which melts my heart… every.single.time.
When she does it she nuzzles into my neck and squeezes her arms
together. Sometimes I look at her and
think- you act like you are 2 not 10 months.
| think she has her siblings wrapped around her fingers? |
![]() |
| what she does with her cup at almost every meal |
i love this picture!
![]() |
| What do you think, any resemblance? |
As lovely as Madelyn
is in every single way, I’ve definitely seen
how being the baby she’s getting spoiled. She LOVES attention and she’s not a fan of
being by herself- and by that I mean sleeping in her own bed. On the
nights when we give up and put her in bed with us, she’s only up once or
twice, yet the nights when we insist on her
sleeping in her bed, it’s a night of constant up and downs. I realize we’ve done it to ourselves. Openly we admit we are probably some of
the most paranoid parents in the world.
After her scaring us with the breathing at 8 months and having already
lived through the loss of one child, Jarrett and I check on her all night
long. Heck, we can’t even drive to
church without having the kids check
her to make sure she’s breathing. I understand it’s common for parents who’ve
lost a child to be like this. Like I
tell the other three I never want anything to happen to any of them, so I
worry, and that’s just the way I think I’ll be.
Back to baby
girl. As we pack up the baby items, put
away the bouncer chair, tear down the swing, and disassemble the bassinet (she’s
been outgrown from that for a few months), I can hardly believe my baby is so
quickly leaving the baby stage. I have
such mixed emotions. I love seeing her
grow, learn and change each day, and on the other hand, I just can’t believe
she’s growing up so fast. I LOVE babies.
![]() |
| 1 day old to 10 months... in the blink of an eye |
Having four kiddos at home hasn’t been a walk in the park. Life is crazy and Jarrett and I say most days
we feel like life is coming at us in light speed. Yet I look back on these past
10 months and since losing Noah, my life has never been happier. Madelyn healed hearts in a way I never
expected, she brought laughter, love and joy to our house, just like the other
kids do …. Now its four fold.
I know Madelyn will never remember these first 10 months of
her life, but I hope the love she has been given has nourished her soul, filled
her heart and sparked feelings in her mind that will sustain her forever.
Madelyn you are so
deeply loved. So wonderfully cherished
and such a blessing. Happy 10 months baby girl.
Mommy, Daddy, your brothers and sister all love you soooo much!
until next time,
angie
until next time,
angie



No comments:
Post a Comment