Now that Madelyn is well into her 10th month I figured it time I catch up and recap what her 9th month was like. I feel guilty for doing this so late and for not being able to keep up. But that’s just the truth, I can’t keep up. Between vacation, the kids all starting baseball, and us preparing to move I have fallen behind and I can’t get up, I mean catch up. Wait, that reminds me of an old commercial.
In Madelyn’s 9th month I watched her grow and change, no longer a baby baby, but now an active, almost toddler baby. And as much as my heartstrings ache that my baby isn’t small, (was she ever?), swaddle in a blanket, eat-sleep-poop stage anymore, she has moved into a fun, interactive, learn-something-new every day, mobile baby.
![]() |
| They say were going on vacation! Do I look ready? |
Some of Madelyn’s new favorite things are to crawl over to Jack (who pretty much sleeps in his bed by the open front door each day), get as close as she can to him, pat him on the head til she gives her the look and Mom says, “Madelyn leave Jack alone.” She then waves to Jack as if to say, “HI” Thankfully this isn’t Jack’s first circus with a baby (Isabelle broke him in pretty good), so he’s patient, tolerant of her “pats” and just gets up, walks away and lays down someplace else around the house that temporarily is not in her striking distance.
What? Nothing to see here Mom, Jack and I are just playing.
Madelyn also loves to pull herself up on things and cruise along the furniture. She has found a great love of this and tries to pull herself up on anything she can, even if the item isn’t strong enough to hold her and comes toppling down near her. Yes we’ve entered another stage of danger with our baby. In watching how much she’s picked up already, I have a feeling she’ll be walking solo before her first birthday. I guess with three older siblings, she sees them do things and is driven to be “free” also.
We continue to transition Madelyn to more and more table food. As we went on the cruise, I brought with us several packets of baby food to last us the week. After seeing the amazing food we were eating, I think Madelyn decided she wasn’t going to miss out on the same yummy food. The waiters were wonderful in bringing us food Madelyn could eat… steamed vegetables, mash potatoes, Cheerios, rice, fruit and soft bread. Madelyn was a fan and after the cruise pretty much hasn’t looked back on baby food… she doesn’t like it anymore. As we get closer to her 1st birthday, I am trying to figure out a plan to stop breast feeding. Madelyn is a pretty big fan of my milk so I’m not sure how we are going to wean her off, but the pediatrician says at 11 months we can start. Please wish me luck! As much as I love being able to feed her milk my body has produced for her, I am ready to have my body back. Mom wants to start finding a few minutes a day for me- if that’s possible. Running isn’t the same when you’re making liquid, if you get my point.
Madelyn’s vocabulary continues to grow. She says “Mama, Dada, Nana, Papa, Baba – Baby, and Ja- “Jack”. Madelyn also learned how to clap this month and loves to clap when we cheer. Watching her understand and learn what certain things mean makes my heart melt as I fall in love all over again. Madelyn’s sibling still adore her and it’s a two way street. She lights up when they get home from school, as the boys play, “I’m gonna get you” and Madelyn’s whole body shakes with her giggles. And then there’s the connection between Isabelle and Madelyn. There’s something about sister relationship, they connect on a whole different level. Madelyn will stop whatever she’s doing and turn her full attention to Isabelle the moment Isabelle utters a word. Madelyn watches Isabelle’s facial reactions and the second Isabelle starts laughing, Madelyn joins in. I can’t wait to watch these two as they continue growing and strengthening that bond.
Madelyn now has 4 teeth with that second top middle tooth poking through the day we left for our family cruise. I’m not sure if its just because those teeth keep bothering her, but she really likes to bite. Not a good thing and I have had bite marks on my arm, my stomach, my chin, my leg and a few other places as well. We tell her no and give her a serious look which she understands it seems for a second, before deciding biting felt so good, she’s just going to do it all over again. No matter how many chew toys she has, she prefers to bite us. We hope that will change soon.
| I hear these books about your blog mom are good to read.. |
| But Mom, I"m not featured in a signal story! |
In thinking back over these last 9 months I’ve recalled so many times the 9 months I was pregnant with her. Being pregnant sometimes felt like it was a series of a few years, instead of ¾ of a year.
![]() |
| 1 week old |
![]() |
| 9 months old |
Yet when I think of Madelyn’s first 9 months, it feels like it was a matter of just a couple of weeks. While I love the baby baby stage, each week, every month, has been a joy. Madelyn has brought so much love and happiness into our home, it’s hard to remember what life was like without her.
| Madelyn Faith Haskovec @ 9 months 21 lbs, 14 oz, (93%) 29 1/2 inches (97%) 18 1/4 in head circumference (97%) |
We love her so and thank God daily for the gift that is our strong, happy, and beautiful Madelyn Faith.
Until next time,
Angie




No comments:
Post a Comment