Thursday, August 9, 2018

15 years ago today

15 years ago today we were doing this...
What a fun day it was.  
Both so young.
So much in love.

So much anticipation for what was ahead.
No fear for what hardships we would face. 
We knew we had each other and we felt confident hand in hand we could get through anything...together.

Through good times and bad, we had no idea what that really meant.
But determined life was going to be great.
Nothing was going to get in our way.


Yes 15 years ago, we said our I do's and looked into each others eyes not knowing much, but knowing we loved each other and welcomed what ever was ahead because we knew we'd be together.


While our marriage started 15 years ago today, our journey many years even before that. 

We were babies.  Jarrett 16 and I was 15.  Babies.  Just look.


I'm not sure what we were wearing.. .especially me and my hair.  
But even though we were babies, we both knew we had something special. And wanted to be together because we were better together than as individuals. 

Fast forward through the years and now looking back 15 years later, I couldn't have dreamed of some of the things we've gone through.  The good times and the bad.  Some of the really really bad and the really really hard. Some of the hard times that knocked me down so low I felt like I couldn't recover.  Too low, to hurt to keep going.  Except he was there beside me reaching his hand down and out, waiting for my hand to be in his and he pulled me up, the both of us and made us walk together forward.

Even when I didn't want to, when I didn't think I could, instead of reaching for my hand, he picked me up completely and carried me.  

As the hurt and heartache changes, never going away, I can see how much he really loves me and how he has never given up on me, on us and that through tragedy and loss, he still sees me as his partner, his companion, his life-mate.  I am so lucky.

It is also in looking back that I see how much more I love him today than I did back 15 years ago when I felt head over heels in love with him.

Our love has grown, our love has changed, our love has scars, our love has been cemented in strength, no challenge can destroy.

As we've grown over the years.

Our love blossomed and while it didn't come the way we expected, it came in an even better way.


So happy, so blessed.

And the blessings kept coming...

My how lucky we have been.



The blessings even in the hard times.  While this was a hard day, it is a picture I cherish.  One of the only ones of us as a family of 6... a family with Noah here.

And when we felt wounded inside, we tried to find our strength to look healed on the outside and do our best to hide the hurt.  Because sometimes you have to fake it til you make it.  
Here we were still hurting but trying to find hope in better tomorrows.

And better days did come.  Like this day.
As we again were a family of 6 with an angel above and a new baby here.


 Yes looking at these pictures, it is clear to see our love has bloomed.  



From back on this day....


To the dinner date we got just this past weekend. 
While we may look a little bit different, the love is still there.  


Just as strong, actually stronger, wiser, deeper, better.


Cheers honey to 15 years.  
Here's to many more good times than bad, happier than sad and a love that grows and grows.

I love you Jarrett.  Thanks for being my everything.  For giving me our everythings- the whole crew we have..  For reminding me our life is always a gift, our love always a blessing and our hope for a better tomorrow a constant as long as we've got each other.

Happy 15th anniversary love.
until next time,
Angie 






No comments:

Post a Comment