And then came last Sunday night. She came running into the kitchen and said, "Mom I finally have a loose tooth!" as she opened up her mouth to show me a VERY loose front tooth. I said, Oh wow, that is loose Isabelle, I bet you will lose that before your birthday.
She ran around the house showing everyone her tooth and Madelyn followed her saying, "Oh Isabelle I'm sorry you have an ouwie tooth."
Less than an hour later we sat down to eat dinner, Isabelle took a bite of her mash potatoes and came running... "MOM IT CAME OUT! LOOK!" With a smile from ear to ear she was thrilled to hold her tiny baby tooth in her hand.
I'm so glad her first experience loosing her tooth was so positive. After she lost her tooth she had to facetime with each of the grandparents to share the exciting news and then she insisted on going to bed. This was the first time in a long time she didn't fight us to go to sleep. As I was getting ready to tuck her into bed she said, "Oh mom, I can't wait to see what the tooth fairy brings me tonight. My friend Caden at school told me that when you lose your first tooth you get a whole bunch of presents. Maybe I'll get a new Paw Patrol toothbrush and an LOL doll and MONEY!"
Seriously as she was telling me all the items on her dream list from the tooth fairy, my mind was racing. What kind of tooth fairy did she think came to our house. I told her to enjoy her dreams and sleep well. As I shut her door, I told her, "Honey I remember when that tooth came in and I can't believe you are now getting your first adult tooth. Promise me you aren't going to grow up too fast."
She said, "Don't worry Mom, I will always stay with you no matter how big I get."
The excitement and anticipation Isabelle had that day was so much fun to be around. She is truly so filled with love and gets so much joy out of life. We are truly blessed to have her as our daughter.
Until next time,
Angie
Oh and incase you were wondering the tooth fairy didn't disappoint her... she got a My Little Pony toothbrush and an LOL doll to which the boys complained, "Geeze, we never got anything like that." I told them her tooth fairy must have upgraded their day job since they lost their first tooth, although we are pretty sure from here on out the tooth fairy only brings quarters.
No comments:
Post a Comment