Tonight Jarrett was out picking up the three big kids while Madelyn helped me make dinner and help set the table. I grabbed what I thought was a stack of 6 paper plates (again a short cut to make life easier) and handed it to Madelyn to help set the table. She enjoys helping these days and it is such a delight to not be greeted with groans and complaints when you ask a child to help you. Madelyn willingly grabbed the plates and headed toward the table to set it. I continued on making dinner and soon Madelyn appeared at my side, "Here mom, we don't need these." she said as she handed me back two extra plates. I thought, she must have forgotten to set the small table for her and Isabelle and I looked over to the table to see she had set the big table with 4 and low and behold she also had two plates on the small table. I paused for a moment to realize that girlfriend (all of 2 years old) knew how to count out six plates and put the out for each of us. Jarrett came in at that time and saw me looking in awe. He said, "What's wrong?" And I explained Madelyn just corrected me by counting out 6 plates when I thought I had given her 6 plates. He smiled and said, "she's smart." I guess so I responded.
Sometimes she surprises me. As we sat down to eat dinner I was still thinking about it, and as I looked over at her I saw that she still had her shirt on backwards from this morning when she insisted on wearing her shirt backwards. While she might be a smarty 2-year old, she's still a 2 year old and well I'll let the picture below speak for itself!
Man do we love her.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment