Party because it takes some time to prepare for the gift buying... personally I like to try to space out some of the buying otherwise, whoa, it takes a toll on the budget.
Here we are entering the magic doors to Santa's workshop.... where we got to visit last year. The boys with their cousin Mason... he's pretty excited. The boys look like they are scared to find out what list Santa has put them on. ;-)
But mostly because I LOVE Christmas. I've said it before but I think it's a time when people stop the crazy busy schedule of racing around, and stop, and spend time with family and friends. A time of reflection, of celebration and love. I guess that's why I love it so and have already started brainstorming how early I can put up the trees. They just make me happy. Our home feels warm and cozy (maybe it's just the cluttered-ness that make us feel cozy).
And another classic Christmas photo... I should have used this for our holiday greeting card.... it seems to pretty accurately reflect well, us.
Madelyn is very interested in pleasing Santa so I've been using that as my secret parent tool quite frequently.
Mom: Madelyn, will you help mom set the table for dinner?
Madelyn (playing with her Ariel Barbie): Mom, I can't I'm busy playing.
Mom: But Madelyn, what would Santa say?
to which a few seconds later Madelyn and Ariel come to the kitchen and help set the table.
The boys who were in the kitchen working on their homework looked at me and rolled their eyes like, "Come on Mom, seriously". I shrugged my shoulders to acknowledge their eye rolls and said, "Oh Madelyn I bet Santa is so happy with you, thank you so much!"
Cue: Boy's eye rolling resumes.
But seriously.... the Santa card...Parenting magic I believe. Again another thing to thank Christmas for right?
And then came this morning. I was feeding Jennings and Madelyn was laying on her bed in our room (seriously the only time "HER" bed is used" and I asked her to bring me my phone that was ringing. Fearing it was the school calling, I was hoping to get the phone before it went to my voice message.
Mom: Madelyn could you please bring me my phone?
Madelyn: Mom, I can't, I'm tucking Ariel into bed.
Mom: Please Madelyn, could you please hurry and give mom my phone?
Madelyn: I can't
Mom: Oh Madelyn, on no, what would Santa say?
To which Madelyn, looked at me, gave me the look of, "Seriously mom, you're going to say that to me again?" and then she got out of her bed, dragging Ariel with her and verbalized the following.
Madelyn: Mom, I know what Santa would say HO HO HO, Madelyn don't want a present for Christmas.
I started laughing, I couldn't help it... seriously HO HO HO?
She handed me my phone, I missed the call, but was laughing too hard to answer anyway. I kissed her on her head. Madelyn, Santa loves you so much I said.
Her eyes lit up, "Santa is happy with me?"
Yes honey, Santa is very happy with you."
Madelyn is such a sweetie, her innocence, love of life and genuine kid-spirit is so wonderful to watch. Jennings, Madelyn and I have spent almost all of our days together while I've been home on leave and it has surely been a very treasured time for me. Just like Christmas some would say.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment