Home quarantine is going I would say well. I actually LOVE the idea of having to wake up and not go anywhere. My introvert personality feels quite comfy at home. Everyone is getting used to being all together, all the time and while we do get on each others nerves and I think everyone will someday enjoy getting back to their normal routines, for the most part I would say everyone has been enjoying it. ( Well, except Jack... he's gotten used to his quiet (peaceful) days when he's the only one home. He's been sleeping in my closet most days, I think wishing we would leave.
Here are a few photos of just some of the many things we've been doing each day!
We decorated the drive with inspiring messages!
We have daily "mom school" which the kids think is for the birds! They can't wait to see their teachers again!
Madelyn loves the activities but she misses her class too and keeps asking me "Is today the day I get to go to school" She knows about the "corona" and that we have to wash our hands ALL the time, but she doesn't understand why that means she can't play with her neighbor friend Connor or go to school
There has been LOTS of playtime, LOTS of dress up and LOTS of Frozen play!
Speaking of play... the house is kind of destroyed... this was one fort pillow! 47 pillows went into the making of this "fun" I've started instituting 15 minute pick ups throughout the day, so that at the end of the day the house doesn't seem like 7 people are living here 24 hours everyday!
We also build exercise into our daily schedules, well because the kids have A TON of energy and they need to get it out! The girls do yoga or PE online each day and the boys created a home gym.
This morning I made them run with me, they thought it was going to be easy because well mom your old and out of shape... turns out one quit before we were even 5 minutes in and the other one only stuck it out because he was determined to earn video game time. I might be old and out of shape but I can still hold my own with them!
How do you like those milk jug bar bells? Pretty resourceful if I do say.
And then there's this little guy who is growing and changing daily. He's an expert crawler... He pulls himself up on everything and loves his walker (man can he go)! I feel like he's so big and it makes me sad to think my baby is getting so so so big!
He's a big helper for mom when I'm working!
He's also wiped out... the house is definitely not conducive to having quiet naps!
We hope everyone stays safe and healthy. This is definitely not something to take lightly and when they are telling us to stay home, please do so. Your health and that of your family's is worth more than any money can buy.
Until next time,
Angie











No comments:
Post a Comment