Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Moments to cherish...

The weeks are flying by and Finn is growing like crazy.  He's changing looks, filling out and such a cuddle bug.  
I took him for his 1 month appointment and he was one ounce shy of weighing 12 lbs.  He had grown 3 1/2 inches in one month and I kid you not, he rolled over for the first time, right in front of the doctor.  Right after I told her that when we do tummy time it seems like he's going to roll over.  She replied, "well not yet, babies don't roll over until around 3 or 4 months"  and almost as if he was going to prove her wrong, the then rolled over.  








On April 29, just a week after his birth, Finn's umbilical cord fell off.  While the signal he can then start getting baths, (which he hates) it is always a mixed feeling moment for me.  That was the cord that kept us connected all those months.  The sign that my body did what it was supposed to in nurturing him, growing him and providing all he needed when he was inside.  




In these early pictures, specifically the one below, you can tell his jaundice was bad in this photo... the whites of his eyes are well, not white but yellow.

I love this little picture of him...and how you can see his footprints through his pajamas.


Finn has always liked tummy time, he lays on his belly and doesn't whine or even cry.  He lays there and raises his head to look around.  He has been so strong from day one.


Speaking of sleep in that photo above.... as you can see from the photo below... mom and dad aren't getting a lot of sleep.

But these baby cuddles, all worth it.


Madelyn and Jennings have found a new friendship lately and have really enjoyed playing together.

While Madelyn colors the box, Jennings decided to color himself and the box.


I love the scrunchie faces newborns make... here are some of the ones that make me smile. 

Finn has grown so much, I decided to take a picture next to Mickey Mouse as a comparison. 
That yawn.... I feel you Finn, I feel the same.


One of my favorite pajamas that I have Finn wear almost every night is our little cookie monster jammies.  They are from Caden Lane and I LOVE them.  They are silky soft and the tie at the bottom makes it so easy to change him in the middle of the night when I'm so tired.  He seems to like it too as it provides a swaddle style feel that probably reminds him of the womb.

Madelyn loves him and checks on him many times a day.


I love this outfit and look on him.  He reminds me of an old soul... wise and peaceful.


Again look at how strong his neck is.  He holds himself up like a trooper.

Finn's eyes are getting darker and it seems pretty clear to us he is going to have brown eyes.  

Here is another cute outfit and he looks so tiny to me. 

Jennings adores Finn and calls him "Baby him" although it is clear he's trying to say "Finn".  It's so cute. 





Here's a picture of Finn's first bath on April 29th.  He did NOT like it. Finn is definitely a shower boy.  I think he likes the sound of the water falling from the shower head.  




Belle and Finn already have quite the bond and while I've been begging Finn to smile at me for weeks, all Belle has to do is put him in her arms, and the smiles come easily.  He sighs in comfort when placed in her arms, and she is a natural it seems.


I'm a big fan of personalized stuff, so really like this blanket.

"nap time" is cherished around here, except by Jennings.  




The smiles come easily.

This was mother's day and while I was missing the two big boys, it was still a very fun day with these lovies.

Melt my heart...

She's such a good big sister.

Love this picture.  My two little boys.  I am looking forward to seeing how much fun they have together.  No need to say it... I think they are going to keep me on my toes.

Finn's look of "um what are we doigng now mom!"

It's going to be interesting to see who Finn looks like.  While Jennings is pretty much his daddy's twin, we haven't decided who Finn looks like yet.

As the weeks fly by, I'm doing my best to soak up the moments.  We are so thankful for all of our children, and Finn most definitely completes us.

Until next time,
Angie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment