Friday, June 11, 2021

Preschool and Middle School Graduation

 This week the school year wrapped up and we celebrated both Michael and Madelyn's milestones of finishing middle school and preschool.

Michael went to school virtually all year and he thrived.  This was probably his best year yet.  We are so proud as he finished his middle school career with a 4.0 and no missing assignments.  Michael is a bright kid and has always gotten decent grades but the missing assignment piece is a super big improvement.  He seemed to really like the online environment and I'm not going to lie, it was really nice to have him around the house.  We shared many lunch 1/2 hours together this past year.  

Michael's 8th grade promotion was virtual as well so I only have the one picture submitted to celebrate his achievement.  Michael is passionate these days about making money and is motivated to achieve many things in his future.  This summer he is back in Iowa working with family at the business, learning the ropes and the value of hard work.  While we miss seeing him, we are excited he is getting this opportunity as well.   



The other graduate in the house is Madelyn who completed pre-school.  She started in October as the pandemic was raging in our state and as nervous as we were about her being in person and contracting the Corona Virus, she was a trooper and did everything she could to keep her and our family safe.  She diligently wore a mask all day from 8 am-2:30 pm and she would shower the moment she got home.  At school she'd wash her hands many times a day and keep her 6 feet away.  As new as this way of living was for us, she adapted better than any of us, and it was just the way things were at her new school. 

She had incredible teachers, loving and so encouraging and Madelyn learned a lot.  She is ready for kindergarten and as her teachers said, "She is a true gift."  

Madelyn's ceremony was also virtual which we recorded but then on the final day of pick up, the families were invited to come take a picture and so we did.  

In one of the many mom fails I have, I was carrying multiple things up with me to the place where we picked her up, and with it being summer time here, the temperatures are HOT.  In my attempt to carry multiple things I tucked my cell phone into my armpit.  When we got home and I looked at my pictures I realized that my sweaty armpit made the camera lens dirty so all the pictures we have of her special moment appear as if we are in a sweaty sauna... nope just the remnants of my sweaty armpit.  Sorry Madelyn, another reminder your momma isn't perfect but I try. :-)

Either way, we are so proud of you too Madelyn.  We are excited to see what next year brings.

Even big sister was able to celebrate and come out of school to take a picture with us.

Promise we weren't in a sauna from our necks up... just a mom who didn't think to wipe the camera clean.

Maybe this filter will help?  Not really.

Congrats Maddie

Dad and I are so proud of you.

Madelyn with her teacher Ms. Emily.

As we jump into summer, and start trying to make the most of the 6 plus weeks the kids have off before they go back to school, we are thankful for making it through this year.  Earlier this week I panicked as I didn't have our full summer schedule and the kids' summer school work planned out.  Then I thought about what we've all been through this past year and thought... you know for 6 weeks, we will do what we can but this should be a summer of fun.  

So that's what we are going to try to do.  Each day we will try something new, different and fun... if it's as simple as introducing the kids to Disney short films, trying new ice cream treats, teaching them how to make cream cheese mints (yum) and going for daily walks.  

This has been a year we've all done our best to just "survive", so a little work mixed in with a lot of fun, is just what the doctor or "tired mom" ordered.


Congrats to all the kids on getting through another year.  We are proud of you all.  And to Michael and Madelyn kudos on another milestone checked off.  We love you all.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment