Belle (or Izzy) to everyone at school is now in 6th grade... middle school. That's a subject for a stand alone post but as a part of being in middle school she now gets to try Band as her elective. Her other elective is PE, which she surprisingly LOVES too.
This week Belle got her instrument, the clarinet. She is so excited and so far has been lugging it back and forth each day. This week they are learning how to use the "noise makers" Tonight I asked her to show us what she is able to do.
She is so excited. She's learned what the reeds are for, how to assemble it, how to clean it and how to make noises with it. I'm hopeful she will love band, as neither her dad or I lasted too long in band. I hope she'll find a true love and keep practicing and playing.
For now, we will celebrate all the squeaks, the wrong notes and all the learning that is taking place. I guess we needed a bit more noise in our house. :-)
Until next time,
angie
No comments:
Post a Comment