Wednesday, July 26, 2023

For the love of trains!

Finn is boy through and through.  He loves trucks, dump trucks, garbage trucks, fire trucks, monster trucks and every other type of truck.  But if you ask him what he really loves.... he loves trains.  

We have a special Choo-Choo train song that Alexa has to play about 10 times a day.  We have "distant train noises" that we have to play over Alexa at night to put us all to sleep, per Finn's request.  We've watched about every you tube video out there on trains, trains for toddlers, Blippi Trains, train shows, you name it... Finn LOVES trains.  

The other day I took the kids to the library and checked out every train book they had, including adult train books.  Finn was in his glory.  He insisted on carrying the books, sleeping  with them and even taking them with him to the baby sitter's house.  

While we have a set of Lego trains at our house, I've been dreaming of getting Finn a wooden train track and train.  Today when the other kids went to school, Finn and I ventured out and I found a set for him.   Oh my gosh you should seen how happy he was.  We called dad and he said "Dad, found train" and then he said, "Thank you"

We came home and he hasn't stopped playing the rest of the day.  He is so happy and watching him makes my heart swell.  I remember when Gabe and Michael were small and how much they loved trains.  Now seeing how big they are, I am cherishing all of these moments, for they don't last long enough.





While yesterday was 6 months until Christmas morning, I think if you ask Finn, he thinks it's Christmas today. :-)


These are the moments... I'll celebrate and remember forever.

Until next time,
Angie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment