This weekend we are invited to a birthday party for one of our friends who is celebrating a big milestone as far as birthdays go. We met this couple D and T when we started taking our adoption classes and have got to know them pretty well as we traveled on the road to adoption together. We look forward to celebrating this big birthday with D! For the first time since the boys came to us, we have been invited to an adult birthday party. Infact, the birthday party is just for adults. When Jarrett and I received the invitation, I think we both were excited at the idea of having an adults night out. To be honest, there has only been one time since we’ve gotten the boys that Jarrett and I have gone out and done something fun, just as a couple. Now we’ve had sitters for the boys on several occasions as Jarrett and I have had commitments we had to attend to, but I don’t think work requirements, volunteer commitments and other schedule conflicts can count as a “date night”. So, when we got the invitation to go the birthday party, we’ve been looking forward to it. Jarrett and I made the mistake about talking about the party and who we would ask to watch the boys over dinner last weekend. Upon the boys hearing our discussion and the word baby sitter, immediately Michael piped in and said, “Mom, I want to go with you.” And then Gabriel asked, “Mom, why can’t we go with you to the party? I like parties.” I explained, “Gabriel the invitation says the party is just for adults.” Then he responded, “Mom, I know how to fix it. We can just write on the invitation that kids can come too!”
Until next time,
Angie
Hilarious! I actually felt guilty about putting on there, "adults only," but so many of our friends have kids that I thought it would be best to be clear about it. Anyway, I'm glad you guys like the idea of the adult birthday party and I sure hope you can find a sitter!
ReplyDelete