Monday, June 13, 2011

Ah, well, there you go…

Lately Michael and Gabriel have picked up the saying “Ah, well, there you go” and they must like it because they’ve been using it every chance they get. In fact, they don’t seem to care if it works in the situation or not, they use it.

For example…

Mom: Boys, I just found your goggles, they were in the swimming bag.

Michael: Ah, well, there you go.


Dad: Gabriel, I just put your cereal on the table. Now please go eat.

Gabriel: Okay Dad, ah, well, there you go.


Gabriel: Michael, you pretend I’m the teacher and it is show and tell.

Michael: Okay Gabriel…. Here’s my Batman toy, I play Batman with it. Ah, well, there you go!

I tell you, it seems more often than not, they use their saying more times when it doesn’t fit than when it does. I didn’t realize how often they were saying it that until recently when Jarrett brought my attention to it. Since then, I feel like they say it as often as teenagers today use the work “like” in their sentences.

So the other day, we asked the boys where they heard that saying. Figuring they heard it at school, we were a little surprised when they said from Bob. “You know Bob, Bob from Bob and Barb who came to visit us in the winter.  Mom, Bob always said “Ah, well, there you go” and Bob knows a lot so we can say it too. We’re getting big and we’re smart now.

After explaining their case to me, I just smiled and replied… “Ah, well, there you go!”

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment