Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad...

Jarrett, today we celebrate all that you are and all that you do for us in your special role as “Dad”…
We recognize the fact that you sacrifice your free time so you can work extra to help us save for their college education.

We know you don’t like to spend 12-14 hours at the office every day, but you do it anyway because you want to provide for our family.

We appreciate you taking the deprived dog out for a walk on the brisk winter evenings, while we are home inside curled up on the couch.

We might not say it but we do notice how the garbage disappears when it gets full and somehow a new empty bag is replaced just when it is needed.

We understand that we have air conditioning, warm water, great TV shows and internet all because you make sure the bills are paid to keep the house running.

I have noticed that your “relaxation” time of playing video games has dwindled to none and has instead been transformed into locking up the house each night so we can all rest peacefully.

I really do enjoy the fact that we have live plants in our house, all thanks to you who cares for them with your green thumb.

I may not say it but on nights when you are gone traveling for work, we all miss you and long for your safe return home.

I love the fact that you do so much for me and us, yet fail to throw it in my face, when I’m listing off all the things I do for you.

I am thankful more than words can ever convey that you are my partner in this journey and the best father to our boys.

Jarrett, you are Patient, Faithful, Loving, Considerate and Kind. I cannot think of better qualities to give our sons. I am thankful that they have a great role model who embodies this for them every day.

We love you Dad and thank you for all you do and all you are.



PS:  Here's a little message to you from your sons....


And it case you wonder what you are getting for your special day, here's a hint from Michael, okay it is pretty clear what your gift is! 

Happy Fathers Day to you and to all the wonderful father's out there!

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment