We are very excited for fall to arrive and it it ever decides to cool off here, we will truly believe it is the start of college football season. Even if the temperature was 112 on Saturday, we warmly (ha ha) welcomed the start of our favorite football team's season.
It was the first time, I believe in the history of my marriage that Jarrett was excited to wake up before 6 in the morning and only because he wanted to watch college game day. The boys (all of them) proudly put on their Hawkeye t-shirts and caps and became glued to the TV for most of the day.
For us though, the conversation about college football started the night prior when we were sitting down at the table eating dinner. Jarrett had ESPN on in the background and they were discussing the games and who was playing who. It was then that I asked him about the new divisions within the Big 10 and other conferences. That is when we started talking about Penn State and I asked Jarrett, "What side is Penn State on? For some reason this must have caught the boy's attention because a few minutes later Gabriel asked, "Who is playing again?" And that's when Michael chimed in to answer, "Gabriel, Dad just said the pen's are playing the pencils"
Jarrett looked at me, I looked back and we just smiled.
Until next time,
angie
No comments:
Post a Comment