Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Surprises...

Flashback Friday:  This is a post I wrote back in 2010 (yikes) and never published it.  Guess it is one of those many stories I hoped to share and didn't get it done.  I share now a story that happened back when the boys were 3 and 4.  Hard to believe they are now 6 and 7.  Where has the time gone....

Now back to the story...


Last Friday after picking the boys up from school, I was excited to share with them what our plans were for the long holiday weekend.  I said "Boys, Dad and I have a lot of surprises for you this weekend."

Immediately they started trying to guess what the surprises were and what we had planned. Gabriel said, "Were going to go camping right?"  "No, but good guess."  "Mom, are we going to go to Iowa?"  "Not this weekend Gabriel"
Then it was Michael's turn to guess.In between sneezing and wiping his runny nose, Michael did his best to guess... "Mom, you are taking us to Disneyland right?"  "Um, no."  "I know, you are going to take us to Makutus"  "No but good guesses."

Getting tired of guessing and frustrated with wiping his nose and not being able to figure out the surprise, Michael stopped, looked over at Gabriel in frustration and said, "Guess what Gabriel, this is not a surprise....

"you gave me your cold and I do not like that surprise."

Gabriel looked shocked, turned to me to see what his reaction was suppose to be and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment