So, anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE Christmas. As in, I love it so much, it sometimes looks like Christmas threw up all over our house. I've talked about our lovely "crack" in our garage ceiling that has developed over the last few years as the weight of our Christmas decorations in the attic continues to grow and grow.
Yet, each thanksgiving eve (okay I'm one of those people who get Christmas on the brain before Thanksgiving officially occurs), I happily start unboxing the Christmas decorations and overdosing on the happiness this season brings. As I do, I reflect back on when I was little and the wonderful memories I have about Christmas. The nights my mom and I would stay up all night long baking Christmas goodies and listening to our local radio station that played Christmas songs. I remember going with my parents to pick out the perfect real pine tree that adorned our living room from a few weeks before Christmas until well into January. And I remember the Christmas Eve candlelight service we'd always go to before driving home and watching for Santa and his sleigh in the starry night sky. I'll always remember the year my mom spotted him on that brisk December night and how, even though I looked out my window the moment she said she saw him, I was to slow to spot him and his magical sleigh.
Oh Christmas, it really is a special time of year and I hope that when the kids grow up and have their own families with their own traditions, that they reflect back to their youth and remember their childhood Christmas's with as much love, magic and happiness as I do.
As so, when Jarrett and I unload box after box after box of Christmas decorations, and he asks me if we HAVE to put all of the decorations up, I smile and say yes. Because in each and every decoration that adorns our house, is a special piece of the Christmas magic we all relish in and enjoy.
Who would have thoughts our stockings would total 5 this year?
Our biggest surprise and blessing of 2012.
Our annual holiday cards from the past 9 years. Each year, I enjoy looking back to see how our lives have changed in such a short amount of time.
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment