Thursday, November 8, 2012

Officially introducing Isabelle Grace Haskovec

This morning at a few minutes after  9 a.m. our daughter officially became ours and was legally given the name we picked out 9 months ago (to the day). 

The day I dreamed about for so long has finally come true.  It was a nice ceremony, filled with funny moments courtesy of Michael of course, and heartwarming moments as Isabelle's case worker gave her whole hearted support of Isabelle becoming a forever member of our family.  It was a special morning, we were so blessed to get to share with family (from both near and far) and the love we felt, was even more special than I dreamed about and pictured in my mind.

When we adopted our boys just over 2 years ago, I remember feeling so completely happy and blessed at the gifts we had been given.  I remember thinking that if I was never given anything else in my life, that I had been so lucky for the two boys I get to raise and care for. 

Little did I know that God had different plan and that another miracle of a gift was waiting for us. On February 8, when my phone rang and our case worker Diana said, "You've been selected" my heart doubled in size again, as it immediately fell in love with a tiny baby girl I had yet to meet.

That little tiny girl has turned out to be the perfect addition to our family and the missing piece to the puzzle we didn't know we were missing.  I truly believe that although Isabelle was given life by a different mother, she put on this earth to be in our family, to be our daughter and the sister her brothers talked about and drew in pictures, even before she took her first breath of air.

From the moment we met her, Isabelle became and always has been ours.  The last step to this journey of a million miles, was going to court today to make it official in the eyes of the law.  I knew this day would be filled with many many emotions.  The overwhelming feeling of love; the love that this tiny person can bring so much happiness, so much perspective of what really matters in life, and so much joy, that she is and will always be ours.  I also knew that this day would also bring me the chance to finally release a huge sigh of worry that I have carried around everyday since meeting her.  The worry that she would be taken my arms. 

There are many details of this journey that I have kept private between Jarrett and I and those are the fears, the worries and the concerns, that I tried my best not to dwell upon on here.  For there was also so much happiness to share.  It would not be the truth though to say, that these 9 months haven't been hard.  It isn't the short nights or the hard work of balancing three children, a full time job and keeping a house running.  These past 9 months were some of the most difficult because I worried about how I' could ever get over having to say good by to her and how I'd continue to live with a broken heart.  I knew there was a chance this day may never come and that I'd only get to love her for a tiny bit of time.  Thankfully those worries never became reality and that God's plan was indeed what we had always longed for and prayed about.  And that is why this day is so important and special.

It isn't the fact that I love her so much more today than I did yesterday.  Or the fact that her name will officially be the name we gave her when she was in the hospital.  The reason why this day is so special and emotional for me, is because it is the day when I know, as long as God allows, I will get to love, care for, and do all I can to give her (and my boys) everything she could ever need.  And that no one! no one! Let me say it again, no one, will take her away from my arms.

I truly feel so blessed and overwhelmed with happiness. When I was little I dreamed about the picture perfect life I wanted, one where I was married to a great husband,  a mother to wonderful children, and living the dream of this gift we call life.  Little did I know there was a dream that could surpass the perfect one I longed for.  Some how, I am lucky enough to get to live it every single day.

And without further ado, Jarrett, Gabriel, Michael and I proudly share our daughter, our sister and our special third angel...

Isabelle Grace Haskovec
 


Until next time,
Angie
 

1 comment:

  1. Angie....that is so wonderful!!! Congratulations to you all. Isabelle is such a blessing and perfectly completes your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete