Saturday, May 25, 2013

Smile!

Flastback moment: 

I've shared the story before, but I'll tell it again.  Isabelle smiled even when she was in the hospital. One of the nurses there told me that when newborn babies smile, it is because they can still hear their guardian angels talking to them.  I loved the story and have thought of it often when she similes.   Before leaving the hospital, that nurse, together with the others gave Isabelle this.  It hangs in her room and I read it frequently

And I believe Isabelle had at least one guardian angel with her from the moment she was brought into this world.  She is a miracle baby and the fact that we get to be her parents, continues to amaze me.  God has truly blessed us. 

And although I'm sure people think I'm crazy, I do believe that nurse was right.  Isabelle was smiling as she heard her guardian angel.  Even in the first few weeks of being at home, she'd smile many many times throughout the day and even at night during our midnight and three o'clock feedings, she'd drink and then smile at me.  I guess her angel must have had a lot to say.
Here's just one example of her smiles... I have many many pictures of her smirk, but this one at 6 days old, is one of my favorites...

Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment