This past weekend I was the lucky recipients of many lovely gifts. I shared the story about it earlier but thought it was time to show some photos...
First Isabelle's gift her teachers at school helped her make...
The funny thing about this gift was that earlier in the week last week I confessed to Jarrett I was a tiny bit sad that I wouldn't get the traditional "school made" gift from Isabelle for Mother's day because she is only going part time. Except to my surprise on Monday when I went to pick her up, her teacher said, "I bet you thought you weren't going to get one of these since we did it later in the week when she wasn't here. But Isabelle and I talked and decided you still needed a gift so we just did it today." I have to admit it made my day and seeing her cute little (or big) foot, is super cute!
And then there were Gabriel's lovely gifts including his special note of love for me...
I think his card is so cute because of his proclamation that I'm the best coker (cooker) in the world. It makes me laugh to read this because tells me this at least once or twice a week as we have dinner. This kid truly appreciates every meal as he is always the first one to thank me for what ever meal we are eating and he reminds his brother to say thank you also. How lucky am I to have him as a son?
And then there was Michael's gift. Again so precious and nice.
His drawing so cute and as I looked at it I said, that is really nice Michael. Thank you. At which point he said, "Mom turn it over there is more on the back about you..." And so I did, and this is where the wordless Wednesday comes into play. As I read through each of the nice statements about myself, we got to the one about how much my mom weighs....
Michael said, "Mom, my teacher made me change it, to a 1 instead of a 2. Mom, I know I was right and that you weigh 215 pounds so even though it says a 115 just know, I really mean for it to say 215 okay?"
I just smiled and said, "Thanks Michael, just don't guess how much your girlfriends weigh when you get bigger okay?"
Got to love the things kids say right?
Until next time,
Angie

No comments:
Post a Comment