Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Last few days...

Last weekend and in the last few days, we've been purposely trying to slow things down a little.  Dad is really busy at work, and therefore requested that I not plan any extra activities.  And while I thought a weekend of nothing planned sounded wonderful, I found myself feeling antsy and bored.  I know, bored.  How can that be?  Maybe I should rephrase that.  I guess I just didnt' know what to do with myself when we weren't racing from one thing to another. 

Maybe that's a sign we should try to slow things down a little more often.  And with that being said, the kids seemed to really enjoy the free time.  They found toys in their room they hadn't played with in ages, they played with Play-Doh for several hours each weekend day, we went to the park, we rode bikes and Jeep Car and we had quality family movie night.  It was a great relaxing weekend and while it felt strange for me to have so many hours without something planned, I told myself it was probably good to feel that way.

For stopping to enjoy the simple things in life are often the times when the best memories are made.

Here's a quick recap of our low-key, loving-life, weekend...


Gabriel acting like Captain Underpants (the book he was reading a few minutes before).  I'm sure he'll be completely embarrassed in a few years that I shared this picture, but for now he's the one to told me to post it.

Watching some football!  Of course I was cheering on the Packers!

A trip to the park to play in the cool morning breeze.  Although it was still probably in the low 90's it felt glorious.

Playing with their Lego's.  I think they forgot they had Lego's but once they found them again, they spent probably 3 hours creating all different masterpieces.

And a rare moment of all three of them playing nicely together.  Don't they look so precious.  I"m so glad I captured this moment, because it wasn't 5 seconds later that the boys were screaming at me to get their sister, "MOM- ISABELLE IS TOUCHING OUR STUFF!"  and that was the end of the precious moment.

Isabelle giving her color a kiss.  No matter how hard I beg, I still don't get all the kisses I want, yet this nice color, seems to get all the love and more than it could ever want.  (Oh and we colored a lot this past weekend)

And of course there was lots of time spent working on homework.  I'll save my rant for another day, but let me simply say, I don't ever remember having this much homework in first and second grade.  Just saying.

And Gabriel begging me to drive a street or two over to his  "friend" Emma's house so they can "play gymnastics together.  We didn't find time to do that.

And all three of them going for a joy ride.  Notice wild man Michael is suppose to be the driver.  Good thing Gabriel has his helmet on and Isabelle is maintaining control of the wheel.  Should I be scared for when they turn 16?  You, don't have to answer that question, I already know the correct response.


Until next time,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment