Most nights after the homework battle, the race of dinner and the whirlwind of trying to get three people into bed at a decent time, I'm too tired to think about a fun story to share. I guess the calling of Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, or Law and Order is too strong. The truth is there have been things that have been happening that I've wanted to share. I'm determined to do better.
I guess I'll start with this update. Our daughter LOVES The Wiggles. And by LOVE I mean she is absolutely, insanely, obsessively loves The Wiggles. It is the first thing she now says in the morning when she wakes up, "MOMMY!!! WIGGLES?" And it is the last thing she thinks about at night. Just last night as I was rocking her before going down for the night, she was giving me a rundown of all the songs on her favorite Wiggles DVD. She started singing, "Hot Potato" and then moved onto "Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy" and before drifting off to sleep she was singing, "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car." Sadly all of us in our family know the Wiggles too well. We've checked out the same DVD from the library for 8 weeks straight now. We can all recite every single word to the Wiggles DVD song track and it isn't uncommon for us to watch the entire DVD twice a day. Just this morning at 6:20 a.m. all five of us sat on the couches staring at the TV and watched the Wiggles for the 1000th time. I had to laugh, while they sang about monkeys dancing all of us watched intently all zoned in and completely consumed by the movie. Realizing just how silly the act all of us were partaking in, I made a comment to Jarrett about how sad it was that we were all so entertained. Jarrett responded saying, "You know what is really sad?" "What?" I said and he replied, "When all day at work, everyday, all I can hear in my head is the last Wiggles song and then before I know it, I'm singing along to some silly song about monkeys, tooting cars, or fruit salad. That's silly." I guess he does have a good point.
Ah yes, to say our house has been affected by The Wiggles would be an understatement. In fact as I type this, The Wiggles is playing on the TV. For those who aren't familiar, I happily share with you what we've been living with for the last two plus months.
Pretty exciting huh?
Until next time,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment