One of the gifts Isabelle received for her birthday was a tea set. Along with that she received pretend food and place sets. Isabelle loves it. Actually all the kids love it.
The first morning after getting the gifts, we woke up to find the boys wanted to visit their restaurant. One was the chef and one was the waiter. Isabelle, Dad and I were the customers.
While the day's to do list was longer with more items than we'd ever get accomplished in one day, Dad and I looked at each other and knew the to do list had to wait. So for more than 2 hours we played "restaurant" with the kids taking turns making us cupcakes and hotdogs, steak and tomatoes, watermelon and ketchup and of course all of it was served with tea.
I remember sitting at their tiny table and thinking, these are the moment I'm going to miss. These are the moments that make my heart flow with happiness.
Until next time,
angie
No comments:
Post a Comment